Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hey! Hey! I made it to 50k!

51,394 words


Last night while sitting outside my Tiny Tyrant's dance class, I crossed the 50,000 word line! I am super proud of myself. My track record of finishing writing projects isn't that great. It's been a long time since I've actually sat down and tried to work on a writing project so for me to even get to this point was a great accomplishment as well. 



I've posted two excerpts from my story and I had planned on posting more but I think I've changed my mind. There are a lot of things in the story that I want to change before I let anyone read it. Some of my characters ended up needing a larger part of the story while some of what I thought were main characters disappeared from the story entirely. This is why I have to change the entire beginning of my story when I get ready to edit. One of the now defunct main characters is a huge part of the beginning of my story so that's definitely going to need a re-write. 



I'm still in shock that I actually finished writing a 50,000 word piece. Even if it sucks, it still has a beginning, middle, and end. And I haven't taken the time yet to read it from beginning to end but just thinking about the turn of events that wrote in the last few pages, none of it makes any freaking sense. But that's okay! I'm considering this manuscript my story's skeleton and not my actual story. It's the bare bones of the story and now I need to go back and add the meat! 

I'm going to spend the rest of Nano cheering on all of my fellow Nanoers (Nanoers?) on Twitter and trying to round up helpful writing tips to share. Or maybe just posting funny pictures. You probably shouldn't take too many tips from me until after I fix this mess of a story. 



Have you made it to 50k? What did you do to celebrate? If you haven't made it to 50k yet, how many words do you have left? What will you do to celebrate reaching 50k? 
Web Analytics