Sunday, March 1, 2015

We Need To Talk....Book Blogging - It Is Also About Community


Book blogging is about more than just books. It is also about community. I learned that over the past two weeks. 

I try to keep personal stuff from bleeding over into my blog because I want to keep it focused on writing and books. I'm a writer and a book blogger, after all. Sometimes, though, it helps to share something personal. 

Over the last two weeks I've been dealing with a very sick husband. I won't go into the details, of course, but it involved lots of doctors and hospitals and just general suckiness. There was no fun to be had anywhere for anyone. And I was really worried about him. A few authors and blogger friends know what I have been going through and I am eternally grateful for their patience and understanding through everything. And I want to give a big THANK YOU to all of you other hard working book bloggers out there who have posted fantastic discussions, reviews, and just general silliness that I was able to lose myself in during those waiting room visits. 

I love being a part of a community of bloggers that is so passionate about books but is even more passionate about other people. It's very heartwarming to see people who in some respects could be your competition reaching out to you and just leaving a simple "How are things?" in your inbox. Or a funny reply to a comment that you left them on your blog. The littlest things matter to people when they're going through something big. 

My wonderful husband has, by the grace of God, been given a clean bill of health, for now. We have finally gotten back into the usual swing of things and I can get my focus back on writing and trying to work on this blog. Posts and newsletters will eventually get better. Eventually.....

To all of you book bloggers out there, thank you for the hard work that you do and thank you for allowing me to be a part of your bookish world. It means more than I can ever really express. 








 photo email_zps1ff7c9ad.png  photo goodreads_zps00371d7e.png  photo twitterbird_zps53a3b02d.png  photo google-Copy_zps49b07d3d.png  photo pinterest_zps2d5df537.png  photo bloglovin_zps87218985.png


blogger template by lovebird
Web Analytics