Wednesday, May 20, 2015

REVIEW: Two Truths & A Lie - Ashley Stoyanoff



BOOK DETAILS:

Two Truths and a Lie 
Ashley Stoyanoff 
(PRG Investigations, #1) 
Publication date: February 28th 2015
Genres: New Adult, Romance

Synopsis

One year ago, I became a missing person. I left everything behind—family, friends, school. It seemed like a good idea at the time. My only option, really, until I realized running from a police officer isn’t as easy as I thought it would be.

It’s been exactly three-hundred and sixty-five days since I left home, but I’m finally ready to take the step I should have taken a year ago. I’m done hiding. I’m done running. I’m going to take my life back.

It was supposed to be easy. A meeting with Jason Pierce, a private investigator, was set up for me. All I had to do was go to him, let him do his thing, and then I could go home, or so I thought.

That is, until I met Jason and things got … complicated.

Review: 

I knew just from reading the synopsis that this was going to be a good book. After reading it, I must say this was an awesome book! 

Ashley Stoyanoff is an amazing writer! She managed to write these characters so well that I was really sad when this book ended. I wanted more time with Elena and Jason! (Especially Jason!) Elena's back story was really interesting and I like how it played into the current situation to get her in front of Jason because he's seriously book boyfriend material! This story was fast-paced and fluid without being exhausting. There were a lot of twists and turns but it's just enough to keep you on your toes and make sure you're still paying attention. 

There is no insta-love in this book, unless of course you count my insta-love for Jason. It builds slowly and gradually becomes stronger and stronger and harder for Jason and Elena to ignore. Once they acknowledge their feelings for each other things get really steamy! 

I loved how Stoyanoff was able to make these characters so relatable and engaging that you didn't want to put the book down because you had invested so much time in them. Ending this book was like losing a good friend because that's how well they were fleshed out. They all had flaws and issues much like us real folks do and seeing them work out their issues and overcome their problems over the time frame of the story was really great. 

I also liked the characters Vance and Wes, Jason's partners. I hope to see more of them, if not with their own stories, as the series continues. They really complement Jason's character and work well within the story. I cannot wait to read more of this series! 





 photo email_zps1ff7c9ad.png  photo goodreads_zps00371d7e.png  photo twitterbird_zps53a3b02d.png  photo google-Copy_zps49b07d3d.png  photo pinterest_zps2d5df537.png  photo bloglovin_zps87218985.png


blogger template by lovebird
Web Analytics